Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gilmore Girls...Why am I so obsessed?

Oy...I've done it again.  I've stayed in bed all day on a Saturday watching Gilmore Girls and sleeping.  I don't really consider it a waste, as I always need to catch up on sleep, but I got nothing done.


I've been obsessed with Gilmore Girls since the show started many years ago.  I stuck by it as it got cancelled several times and bounced from network to network until it finally got enough mainstream support.  I own every season on DVD and I watch them all the way through to the end and then start over. Today, I finished the 3rd season and finally decided to get up and accomplish something.  My mom called me and I sat back down on the bed...needless to say, I got sucked back in.  I really did try to watch something else.  There was some stupid new show on MTV about girls who date losers and that held my attention for about 5 seconds.  I moved on to an ANTM rerun and then stopped by to visit Stacy and Clinton on What Not to Wear.  As I scrolled through the channels, I stumbled upon...oh yes...a Gilmore Girls rerun on the Soap channel.  And now...I'm sure you all guessed it...I'm watching said rerun (first episode of season 5 - one of my favorites - the very beginning of the Luke and Lorelai relationship).  Yes, I have problems.

I recently found out the most exciting news that has come my way in quite some time (I mean besides that fabulous wedding of mine that I'm consumed with)...Lauren Graham (Lorelai) is going to be on a new show.  She went on hiatus for a couple of years after GG ended, but she's finally returned!  I am hoping that the new show, Parenthood, is going to be wonderful.  It looks like a snarkier version of GG with an ensemble cast.  Parenthood debuts on NBC on March 2nd...here's hoping for a winner.

Ok, I'm getting up now and I'm going to accomplish something (besides this blog post).

Happy Saturday!    

2 comments:

  1. You know... I've never seen that show. I was talking with a friend the other day and she was making all sorts of Gilmore Girl references and I was oh-so-very lame in my lack of Gilmore Girl knowledge! I'm thinking I need to get the DVDs on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should get the DVDs. I love the show more than words. Plus, I'm sure you will love it because you have daughters. Trust me, you'll see. : )

    ReplyDelete