Wednesday, July 08, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance...Dance...Dance

Traci and I had a lovely evening with some dinner, bridal magazines, and SYTYCD.  Traci discovered a new dinner place via Yelp and it was amazing.  It's called Blue Rock BBQ and it's off of Meridian and Hillsdale.  So freaking good and it was not expensive.  We will DEF be adding it to the restaurant rotation.  

We hit up B&N for some bridal magazine browsing.  Trace is looking for makeup ideas and we found some great options.  I can't believe her wedding is only a few weeks away.  I need to start writing my speech!

Of course, it wouldn't be Wednesday without SYTYCD.  


Ms. Deeley looked very understated in her cute black dress and vintage styled hair.  Her outfits can sometimes be over the top, so her questionable stylist actually worked it out this week.  

Favorite couple of the night:  Jeanette and Brandon.  Their sassy tango was AMAZING.  We also LOVED the Wade Robson routine they did at the end.  

The only other routine that blew us away was Kayla and Kupono's routine from Mia.  This is the first time this season that Mia has pulled out some Emmy worthy choreography.  It made us take our feelings for Kupono down from HATE to MILD DISLIKE.  

Prediction for bottom three couples: Caitlyn & Jason, Randi & Evan, and Jeanine and Phillip (WTF was with that Russian dance?  I'm guessing Nigel fired those choreographers straight away (in his words)).  We will have to wait until tomorrow for the answer.  

Could not love that show more.  The 3rd judge definitely makes a difference, though.  Tyce makes me smile every time and his comments are always right on.  Can't wait for Adam Shankman to come back (hopefully next week) and looking forward to the group routine tomorrow night.   

1 comment:

  1. My co-worker (male, BTW) and I have a weekly bet for SYTYCD. We pick who we think the bottom three are going to be, rank them accordingly, and then also pick from those 6 who will be going home. The winner gets to pick an incredibly embarassing ring tone that the loser has to keep on their phone for the next week. And it can't be on vibrate...has to be the loudest volume.

    I haven't lost yet, but I was slightly unsure of my picks this week. Well, I feel way more confident now that I see your three picks are the same as mine!

    ReplyDelete