Saturday, January 03, 2009

Bridal Extravaganza

Traci and I went to the Bridal Fair at the Santa Clara Convention Center today.  It was quite an experience...or not.  I would compare it to being attacked by the kiosk people at the mall (you know - fake hair, some nondescript lotion, etc.).  However, we were on a mission to get the info and get out of there as quickly as possible.  

I am happy to report that we found an affordable catering/event company, and Traci is very relieved.  Affordable weddings do exist!  

After the Bridal Fair, we went to David's Bridal to look at my dress choices, as well as some dresses Traci tried on in Southern CA.  I really like the three dress options that Traci provided.  I am deciding between the strapless one pictured above, and a halter style, which is really cute.  The color is much better in person, and it has a sheen to it, which makes it more glamorous.  : )

I must say that I was surprised by David's Bridal.  I have never actually been in the store, but always viewed it as a bit tacky (Traci had the same opinion).  Of course, the tacky stuff is displayed everywhere, but they also have a lot of good stuff - you just have to dig.  

1 comment:

  1. dig dig dig. I got my dress at David's Bridal and it was really beautiful.

    Yikes, those mall kiosk people are a frightening bunch. That faire must have been quite an experience!!

    ReplyDelete